Catherine McAuley College welcomes enrolment enquiries from all families who seek a Catholic education for their children in Bendigo and beyond. Our College is open and welcoming to all students, regardless of their background and needs, and will seek to do everything possible to accommodate.
Catherine McAuley College strives for strong partnerships with the families and the parishes it serves. Families who choose to enrol their children at Catherine McAuley College do so on the understanding that they are expected to uphold and foster the Mercy Education Values of compassion, courage, hospitality, justice, respect and service. Families will be asked to recognise the importance of Religious Education for their children through supporting the prayer life and other religious celebrations and spiritual development opportunities.
Numbers for each class are set by the College administration in accordance with the guidelines established by the Catholic Education Office. If there are vacancies the following priorities are observed:
- Capacity of the School to accept students;
- Catholic children who are attending a Catholic Primary School;
- Catholic children who are attending a local Primary School;
- Whether a sibling of the child is currently a student of the school;
- Non-Catholic students currently attending a Catholic Primary School;
- Other Christian children who attend a local Primary School;
- Other Christian children who reside outside the local area;
- Non-Christian children who attend a local Primary School;
- Non-Christian children who reside outside the local area.
Enrolment Process for Parents
- Parents download an ‘Enrolment Application Form’.
- Parents complete fillable PDF Enrolment Application Form, or print and fill out by hand. Return the Enrolment Application Form. This must include photocopies of the student’s birth certificate, baptism certificate, Immunisation History Statement, copies of Court Orders or Parenting Plans, and, for students born overseas, a copy of their passport including Visa and date of entry stamp. Please note that applications cannot be processed without these documents.
- Documents are sent to the College Registrar who checks forms and all relevant documents. You may be contacted to gain additional or missing information.
- Parents and students are invited to attend an interview at the College.
- The College advises all applicants of the success or otherwise of their applications.
- Parents will be sent a Confirmation of Enrolment Acceptance Form and Request for Direct Debit Form.
- To secure enrolment, parents/carers must return the above forms and an enrolment deposit.
- Parents will be notified of additional information sessions if applicable prior to admission.