Student voice is of great importance and we are always looking for ways to increase participation. This can improve individual confidence and more significantly students’ connection to the College.
There are many opportunities for students to become involved in leadership from Year 7 to Year 12, working with and for the school community. The Student Representative Council (SRC) comprises students from all year levels and provides a structured opportunity for students to raise issues, make recommendations and improve understanding and communication between all members of the College.
Students are consulted about significant developments and the future direction of our College. We nurture a culture that encourages and supports individuals and groups to create change, inspire action and share ideas and opinions.
The SRC is also involved in planning, organising and leading liturgies, assemblies and whole-school events such as Mercy Day and Caritas Ks.
2023 STUDENT LEADERS
- Sophie Giles: College Captain
- Zachary Grieve: College Captain
- Layne Austen: Faith and Ministry Captain
- Tyra Brauer: Faith and Ministry Captain
- Jordyn Aldred: reGEN Captain
- Bryde O’Rourke: reGEN Captain
- Ruby Robinson: reGEN Captain
- Layla O’Shea: Houses Captain
- Lila Keck: Sport and Community Captain
- Ella Raco: Sport and Community Captain
- Benjamin Reid: Applied Learning Captain
Student Representative Council members have been appointed to represent other year levels and work with the Student Leadership team. Roles include:
- Year Level Captains
- Faith Captains
- Environment Captains
- Sports and Events Captains
- House Captains
Leadership is about giving. It’s about helping people and inspiring and motivating them to reach their potential. I believe leaders aren’t born, they’re made and there are so many opportunities given at Catherine McAuley College for even you to step up, be brave and achieve your full potential! Go ahead! Give it a Go! (Holly Normoyle)