Catherine McAuley College lives out the Mercy charism, striving to make Jesus Christ known and loved by all. As a Child Safe School, our learning community identifies, values and develops the gifts of each young person and provides them with educational opportunities to experience personal success.
Faith & Mission
To come to know and love Jesus Christ through a deep understanding of and connection to our vibrant Mercy story. We seek to awaken a social conscience in our students through a culture of faith in action, living Mercy in our daily lives.
- To integrate the Mercy charism throughout College Life
- To assist students to develop an understanding of God’s presence in their daily life
- To develop faith identity through awareness of, and participation in, social justice
- To provide and adopt an integrated approach to sustainable living
Learning & Teaching
To ignite lifelong learning, encouraging independence, initiative and understanding. We seek to develop skills that best equip our students for their future.
- To facilitate targeted learning and teaching that allows students to explore their talents and experience success;
- To empower students to take responsibility for their own academic growth and contribute to the learning of others;
- To improve literacy and numeracy skills for all of our students;
- To offer quality teaching that promotes ongoing learning, reflection, Initiative and curiosity;
- To develop and foster partnerships with the community which enhance student learning opportunities and experiences.
We seek to develop each person’s opportunities for sustained wellbeing, safety, positive relationships and personal growth by contributing to our College and the broader community.
- Catherine McAuley College is a Child Safe environment that holds the protection, care, safety and wellbeing of children and young people as a central and fundamental responsibility;
- To provide positive flexible learning environments that promote student engagement and connectedness;
- To Develop lifelong learners empowered to be independent, self-motivated and resilient;
- To ensure on-going professional support for staff
A vibrant school culture where leadership is strengthened by the Mercy Education Values, professionalism, collaboration and innovation. Resource provision that facilitates quality education within a contemporary learning environment.
- To provide confident and effective leadership;
- To ensure that our staff have the opportunities and support to navigate an ever changing educational landscape;
- To implement the use of pedagogical evidence to inform resourcing priorities and educational innovation;
- To provide learning spaces that inspire problem solving and innovation