Catherine McAuley College lives out the Mercy charism, striving to make Jesus Christ known and loved by all. We are a Child Safe School, our learning community identifies, values and develops the gifts of each young person and provides them with educational opportunities to experience personal success.
Future Direction 2020 – 2024
Catherine McAuley College (CMC) lives out the Mercy charism, striving to make Jesus Christ known and loved by all. We are a Child Safe School, our learning community identifies, values and develops the gifts of each young person and provides them with educational opportunities to experience personal success.
Our Touchstone Statement
Inspiring members of our community to be learners impelled to thrive and serve.
Mercy Education Limited: Mission and Vision
Mercy Education Limited is entrusted by the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) to provide governance for its member colleges. It also supports a broad range of Colleges to offer excellence in contemporary education in a safe environment, enriched by the Gospels and faithful to the legacy of Catherine McAuley
- a commitment to the Gospel of Jesus
- fidelity to the tradition and spirit of Mercy and the mission of Catherine McAuley
- the provision of innovative, stimulating and inclusive educational programs
- a passion for social justice
Our Mission Statements
- provide a broad and challenging academic curriculum which fosters a passion for learning, develops independent, critical thinkers and focuses on excellence.
- offer a mature and responsive student wellbeing program, as an integral element of an inspiring and rewarding education
- recognise that quality educational outcomes are driven by excellence in teaching and learning provided by the highest quality, motivated teaching and educational support staff.
- lead and innovate in developing resources, sites and facilities that support students’ learning in a dynamic 21st century environment.
- provide a rich source of opportunity, personal growth and sense of belonging for all members.
- secure a sustainable future that supports investment in facilities and resources, which deliver a visionary education for CMC students.
‘When educators incorporate inclusive pedagogical choices into their practice, they foster an environment that embraces the education of all students regardless of their cultural background, socio-economic status, learning needs, exceptional ability or disability, and create educational communities that celebrate diversity and combat discrimination´. Horizons of Hope – CEOM
‘… set the same high expectations for all students and to provide differentiated levels of support to ensure that all students have a fair chance to achieve those expectations.’ (National Curriculum Board 2009, p. 8) Horizons of Hope – CEOM
To uphold and deliver CMC’s Vision and Missions, the College has developed a series of strategic pillars.