Important Information for School Country Bus Travellers in 202114/10/2019
Please see below for important information from the School Bus Network office regarding travel in 2020.
NEW 2021 SBP Country Bus Travel Applications
Applications for new 2021 travel has now opened online via School Bus Management System (SBMS) – please go to schoolbusapplication.ptv.vic.gov.au. Quick reference guides are available to download below to assist you with the process.
- New families will need to create a new account in SBMS; add the new student/s, create new application and then submit for new travel on their behalf.
- SBMS will conduct a main churn in the second week of December when it will assess new applications for travel and if approved, allocate a bus stop and route to the application.
- A travel offer will then be made approximately mid-December, 2020. IT IS IMPERATIVE that families ACCEPT the offer in their SBMS account in order to secure their seat for 2021. Alternatively, if your student/s no longer requires travel, please decline the offer to advise your school immediately, so the seat can be allocated to another student.
Existing 2020 Travellers
Existing families will already have a family account in SBMS. If you do not know your login details, please contact PTV’s Customer Help Line on 1800 800 007. All existing travellers are required to renew their travel for 2021.
SBMS will conduct a main churn in the second week of December. In accordance with the Department’s School Bus Program policy, a student who moves schools/school campus/residence, and who still requires country bus travel, must apply for new travel and be assessed against the policy’s eligibility criteria. The following students will automatically be exited on the basis that they have finished their education and/or will be expected to move to a new school/campus:
- Year 12 students
- Year 10 students who completed their education at a junior government school ie Crusoe College, Eaglehawk Secondary College etc moving to Bendigo Senior Secondary College
- Year 9 students who attended the junior campus of Catherine McAuley College – Coolock ie moving to the St Mary’s campus in Bendigo
- Grade 6 students who completed their education at a primary school
All remaining existing travellers will receive a 2021 travel offer approximately mid-December, 2020. IT IS IMPERATIVE that families ACCEPT the offer in their SBMS account in order to retain their seat for 2020. Alternatively, if your student/s no longer requires travel, please decline the offer to advise your school immediately, so the seat can be allocated to another student.
Year 9 Transitioning to Year 10
For Year 9 students transitioning to Year 10, a new country bus application must be completed for 2020 as your child is at a new Campus and travel will not rollover. In addition, if your child wishes to use the bus for Headstart program they must complete an Ad Hoc Travel Form – download below.
- For assistance with SBMS travel, please contact 1800 800 007.
- For assistance with Ad Hoc Travel, please contact your school Bus Coordinator on 5445 9100.
Josie Caruso, Bendigo SBP Administrator
- Bendigo School Bus Network Office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 4433 4317