Year 7 Food Technology – Portable Breakfast29/11/2021
Our Year 7s have been busy cooking up a storm with their latest creation being ‘Portable Breakfast’. Please see the recipe below.
INGREDIENTS (2 serves)
- 2 tsp margarine (1 for the Bacon and 1 for the Scrambled Eggs)
- 1 Bacon Rasher, diced
- ½ cup Baby Spinach
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tb Milk
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Corn
- ½ Tomato, diced
- 1 Tb Parsley
- 2 Tortillas
- Heat the margarine and sauté bacon until cooked, then add the spinach for a minute to wilt.
- Prepare scrambled eggs by beating the eggs, milk, and pepper with a fork in a small saucepan.
- Cook the egg mixture over a medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens (coagulates). Remove from the stove top.
- Mix the scrambled eggs with the cooked bacon and spinach, corn, tomato and parsley.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spoon the egg mixture down the centre of the tortilla.
- Fold in wrap ends and roll up to enclose the filling. Wrap in foil and serve.