VCE Study Skills Evening07/02/2023
Parents and carers of students studying VCE Units 3 and 4 subjects in 2023 are invited to attend the VCE Study Skills Evening on Wednesday 15 February. This session is essential in the partnership between home and school to support students through their senior years of school.
Date: Wednesday 15 February 2023
Venue: Marian Theatre, St Mary’s, Barkly Street
We expect our students to do as well as they can throughout the year. This will ensure they create as many opportunities as possible for their futures. We want our students to complete the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) knowing they worked consistently and purposefully across the entire year, having no regrets when results are provided at the end of the year.
We are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers to support their child through the completion of their senior years of school.
The evening will provide opportunities for both students and parents/carers to develop a shared understanding of strategies that can be applied to assist students throughout the year.
Following a general information session in the Marian Theatre, students, along with parents and carers, will be able to attend their choice of group sessions covering the following topics:
- Supporting your child and yourself through the emotional highs and lows of VCE
- VCE – learning and organisational strategies that may make a difference.
- Ways parents and carers can assist the learning process
- Making sense of the ATAR – how the VCE score works
- Q and A with former Year 12 students –strategies that worked and did not work for our VCE students
- VCE English – strategies to assist your child
- VCE Maths – strategies to assist your child
- Tertiary Application Processes
Download the VCE Study Skills Evening Flyer