Student Code of Conduct16/12/2019
Inspiring members of our community to be learners impelled to thrive and serve
The Student Code of Conduct provides a framework within which students are able to develop the pro-social behaviours which are acceptable within the broader community and reflect the Mercy Values fundamental to the culture of the College. The Student Code of Conduct provides an outline of the behavioural expectations for students when they are on the school site, moving to and from school, travelling on public and contract transport services and when attending sporting events, school functions, excursions, etc.
Catherine McAuley College (CMC) students are expected to:
- Follow the directions and instructions of all school staff (teaching and non-teaching).
- Be considerate of the safety and welfare of themselves and others.
- Be punctual and prepared for each class with an awareness of specific needs for different classes.
- Contribute positively to the learning environment by working responsibly, not distracting other students, completing assignments and submitting them on time.
- Show respect and courtesy to all members of the school community.
- Respect personal and community property.
- Show pride in the achievements of themselves and their school.
- Report any personal concerns whereupon other students, parents or staff have breached related Codes of Conduct in accordance with the CMC Grievance Process located on SIMON.
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately, as per the College Dress Code and Expectations.
- Obey all campus and classroom rules.
- Respect the rights and privileges of all students, school staff, and volunteers.