St Mary’s Gates – access to campus11/08/2022
Gates have been installed at St Mary’s Campus, at the top and bottom of ‘Wright Street’.
Why are there gates at each end of Wright Street?
To address security concerns at St Mary’s campus, highlighted by recent intruder incidents, remote-controlled gates have been installed at both ends of Wright Street. This is to protect staff, students and the broader CMC Community. This action has been endorsed by WorkSafe Victoria.
When do the gates open and close?
- The gates open from 7.15am to 9.15am and 3.10pm to 6.15pm every school day.
- The gates will be opened for regular scheduled activities, including the times students access buses for VET classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- The gates will be closed at all other times.
What should people do when the gates are closed?
- Staff, students and members of the public will need to enter the school via the General Office and complete the standard sign-in process.
What if access is required at other times?
- The gates can be opened at any time, as required for appropriate access. A sign will be displayed at both ends of Wright St with the General Office phone number.
What happens with disability access when the gates are closed?
- A sign will be displayed at both ends of Wright St with the General Office phone number. Call this number when you arrive, or in advance (5445 9100) and the General Office staff will be ready to assist.