Participation and house pride feature at Swimming Carnival15/03/2018
The first ever Catherine McAuley College Swimming Carnival was a spectacle of vibrant colours, stunning costumes, music, atmosphere, loads of excitement , a variety of weather conditions and participation galore.
House Chants along with spectacular and creative costumes established a fun Carnival atmosphere before in the novelty events and traditional swimming events began. A high rate of participation ensured a successful day with both swimmers and non-swimmers alike contributing to the accrual of house points.
The annual Year 12 ‘Leap of Faith’ from the 5m tower again challenged students to overcome personal fears as they drummed up enough courage to take that last step.
Year Level Champions
- Year 7 Girls: Maggie Burke (MacKillop)
- Year 7 Boys: Flynn Boyd (MacKillop)
- Year 8 Girls: Aimee McMahon (Backhaus)
- Year 8 Boys: Ethan Sharp (MacKillop)
- Year 9 Girls: Layla Day (Vincent)
- Year 9 Boys: Jack Craig (Vincent)
- Year 10 Girls: Erin Smeelie (Backhaus)
- Year 10 Boys: Connor Symons (MacKillop)
- Year 11 Girls: Bella Livingston (McAuley)
- Year 11 Boys: Mitchell Sherlock (Jaara)
- Year 12 Girls: Grace Beckmans (Vincent)
- Year 12 Boys: Joshua Hamilton (Vincent)
Final House Results
- First: Champagnat
- Second: MacKillop
- Third: Jaara
- Fourth: Vincent
- Fifth: McAuley
- Sixth: Backhaus
Congratulations to Champagnat on winning the Swimming Carnival for a fifth year in a row – what a fantastic achievement. Congratulations to all the students who contributed to this amazing and enjoyable event.
Thank you to all the staff and Maintenance Team who assisted with the many and varied jobs, duties and supervision roles that running such an event requires.
Ms Maree Pearce & Miss Rhiannon Hercus