Keep Learning: Week 5 of the ‘5 Ways to Wellbeing’09/10/2020
Learning new things can be fun, can boost our self-confidence and self-esteem, improve our knowledge, help us cope with stress and enjoy life. Learning can be about challenging ourselves to do something in a different way – and you can learn in any environment, not just at school. There are many ways you can learn something new, such as:
- Reading a new book,
- Listening to a podcast
- Learning to play a musical instrument
- Learning some words in another language
- Learning how to cook something new.
- Taking a trip to a wildlife park and learn about the animals.
- Volunteering for an organisation or cause where you can learn new skills.
The Keep Learning flyer includes:
- Belle, Jed, staff and students talk ‘Keep Learning’.
- Yoga stretches with Kate and George.
- Keep Learning- 5 ways to wellbeing in nature
GET INVOLVED; PRIZES TO WIN
- Upload a recipe that you have enjoyed making for a chance to win a prize. Browse and share recipes that other students or staff have posted and then try making something new at home. This is a great way to keep learning and help out at home as well!
TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Blinkist: want to learn something new from a world expert but don’t have time to read the full book? Access audio and written summaries of most of the world’s most prominent non-fiction works,
- State Library of Victoria – subscription is free – access to all online databases.
- Veritasium : A YouTube channel exploring simply interesting ideas in maths and science.
- Documentaries on streaming platforms to learn something new: Bill Nye Saves the world – Netflix; The brain that changes itself – Amazon Prime Video; Australia Remastered: Wild Australians – iView
- St Marys Library – VCE online resources.
- Coolock library – what’s new in the junior Library and online links.
- Studyvibe – resources to support students.
It’s a wrap!
That’s it for our 5 Ways to Wellbeing across five weeks! Thank you and congratulations to all our students, staff, the Wellbeing Team, past students and community partners who have put together so many inspiring videos, activities and resources across five weeks at the end of last term and the beginning of Term 4.
If you want to revisit any of the 5 Ways to Wellbeing, visit the CMC Student Wellbeing website.
Ms Amanda Leonard, School Counsellor