Keep CMC COVID Safe: Face Masks30/09/2021
Wear a face mask properly to protect yourself and others
A reminder that under current guidelines face masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors for people aged 12 and over and are highly recommended for primary school aged children. You do not need to wear a mask in your own home, or if a lawful exception applies.
Masks must cover both your nose and your mouth to be effective.
Keeping CMC COVID Safe once we are able to return to school
Masks must be worn travelling to and from school, on public transport and at school – indoors and out.
Students are reminded to bring spare masks to have in your bag and locker at school.
Do the right thing!
- Show you care by wearing your mask properly – nose and mouth covered
- Encourage friends and family to do the right thing too
- Respect and thank those who remind you
We understand that it is uncomfortable and tiring to wear masks all the time, but this is essential to keep you, your friends and your family safe.
This is especially important during time of increased risk to young people and our whole community from the COVID Delta variant.
Keep yourself and CMC safe:
- Wear a face mask indoors and outdoors – fully cover your nose and mouth
- Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
- Practise good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from people where you can.
Parents and Carers
Please remind your children that incorrect wearing of masks will not be tolerated. So please, we are calling on everyone in our community – students, staff, parents and carers to support each other with this and keep CMC safe.
Note that if students do not wear their mask properly, parents/carers will be contacted to collect their child from school. The College is following government guidelines and striving to keep our community members safe.
Below are some resources with tips on how you can support your child.
Keep up the great work and keep working together to keep CMC safe!
Mrs Trish Schofield, Deputy Principal – St Mary’s & Mr Tim Edwards, Deputy Principal – Coolock