Connecting with your child’s reading22/08/2018
All of our Year 7, 8 and 9 students are busy reading their classroom text and books within their lexile level.
Below are some questions to help you make connections with the material that your child is reading. While your child is reading a book, try asking:
- Will you catch me up on the story? What’s happened so far?
- What do you think will happen next?
- If you were that character, what would you have done differently in that situation?
- If the book was a TV show, which actors would you cast in it?
- Where is the book set?
- If the main character in that story lived next door, would you be friends?
- What does the place look like in your head as you read? Would you want to visit there?
- Did you learn any new words or facts so far?
Mrs Karen McDougall, Literacy Facilitator