Year 12 News
The Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) processes course applications on behalf of tertiary institutions, www.vtac.edu.au/
- Timely applications close for VTAC on Thursday 27 September.
- You can apply for up to 8 courses. These can be changed later by certain dates, but some University of Melbourne and Monash University courses must be applied for by 27 September.
- You can complete a Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application by 12 October.
- You can apply for access and equity scholarships via VTAC by 12 October.
- VTAC resources: https://bit.ly/2MFsD1O
Early entry program dates
Australian Catholic University: Applications for the following early entry programs close 27 September.
- Passion for Business, http://bit.ly/2beXyl2
- Passion for Law, http://bit.ly/2ijFigP
Victoria University, VU Guaranteed (selected schools): applications close Sunday 30 September, https://bit.ly/2whSd6P
The following early/guaranteed entry programs close on 12 October
Monash University, The Monash Guarantee, http://bit.ly/2x5nwBC
The University of Melbourne, Access Melbourne, http://bit.ly/2gBAqPD
The Department of Education and Training Victoria offers up to 60 scholarship awards for Year 12 VCE students planning to undertake tertiary studies in 2019. For a list of scholarships and eligibility criteria, go to https://bit.ly/2MISjPk
La Trobe University offer scholarships that reward students for outstanding academic achievement. In 2019 they will be offering up to 60 scholarships to high-achieving Year 12 students. The scholarships will be awarded to students with the highest ATAR in the following undergraduate course areas:
- Arts, Social Sciences and Communications
- Business and Commerce
Teaching and Education
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology and Engineering
- Law and Criminology
- Science and Psychology
- The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 4 years and $20,000, no extensions will be granted. https://www.latrobe.edu.au/scholarships/la-trobe-vice-chancellors-excellence-scholarship
During the September School holidays, La Trobe have four great days planned for high school students, including the opportunity to gain a deeper insight into some of their degrees as well as the chance to enjoy a hands on workshop with Academics. Please take a look below at the workshops that are available:
- 24 September: Business (Marketing, Accounting & Finance)
- 25 September: Agricultural Science
- 26 September: Exercise Science (in Bendigo)
- 26 September: Creative Arts (Visual Arts) (in Bendigo)
- 27 September: Cybersecurity
- 27 September: Engineering
Places are filling up for this event and our Bendigo Campus Talk & Tours (September 24-27) event https://www.latrobe.edu.au/events/all/bendigo-campus-talk-and-tours. Please remember parents are more the welcome to attend these events with their son or daughter.
For the latest careers information, go to the School Box – Careers Page.
In Careers News (https://schoolbox.cmc.vic.edu.au/homepage/8975 ) find out about
Topics this week include:
- Year 12 Students – Key Uni Dates for Victoria, NSW and ACT
- Department of Education and Training Victoria – Year 12 Scholarships
- Spark Night at Monash – for students interested in engineering
- Monash Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences – new ‘Future Careers in Health’ website
- Download or order your Careers With STEM magazines – Health, Science, Maths, Engineering, Economics and Computer Science
- Filmmaking competition – SAE FlickUp competition
Dates for your Diary
Southern Phone STEM Scholarship
Southern Phone is excited to announce the launch of our STEM Scholarship and would like to invite Year 12 students to make an application for this scholarship.
Southern Phone will award a $2,000 scholarship to a graduating Year 12 student who is going on to university to study a STEM related course and meets the selection criteria. Payment will be made at the beginning of the first semester of their undergraduate degree.
- Completing Year 12 VCE in 2018.
- Intend to apply for an undergraduate degree in any of the disciplines of science, technology, engineering or mathematics as a first preference through the Universities Admission Centre (NSW).
- A scholarship will be available for each of the Bendigo VCE schools.
Applicants-will be able to complete the application form via the Southern Phone website:
In addition to completing the application form students are required to submit a Teacher’s Recommendation or at least one other referee report, and a maximum 500-word statement outlining their interest in the study of science, technology, engineering or mathematics. These documents must be submitted with the application form.
Please Note: Deadline for submissions is 26 October 2018.