Careers & Year 12 News04/09/2018
Year 12 News.
As Year 12s complete their VTAC application and SEAS and Scholarship applications, it is important for students to make sure they complete all the compulsory requirements of their course to be considered. This may be a folio, a creative task, CASPer, audition or an interview (to name a few). Students need to read the information carefully and take note of due dates for specific information to be submitted. If you need help with this process, please call into the Careers Office with Mr Goode and Mrs Dickson more than willing to help.
Please find below some important general dates to be aware of:
University of Melbourne, due by Thursday 27 September – Fine Arts (Acting), Fine Arts (Design and Production), Fine Arts (Music Theatre), Fine Arts (Theatre), Fine Arts (Visual Art), Music, Music (Chancellor’s Scholars), Music/Law, Music/Teaching.
Monash University, due by Thursday 27 September – Medicine (School Leaver Entry), Medicine (CSP Extended Rural Cohort School Leaver Entry).
Victoria University, VU Guaranteed (selected schools): applications close Sunday 30 September, https://bit.ly/2whSd6P
NSW/Canberra Institutes, Schools Recommendation Schemes. Includes Government funded universities such as Australian National University, Charles Sturt University, Macquarie University, University of Canberra, University of Newcastle, University of Technology Sydney and Western Sydney University.
Applications close Friday 28 September, http://bit.ly/2arK6ZG
Monash University, The Monash Guarantee: applications close Friday 12 October, http://bit.ly/2x5nwBC
University of Melbourne, Access Melbourne: applications close Friday 12 October, http://bit.ly/2gBAqPD
RMIT, Schools Network Access Program (selected schools): applications close Friday 12 October, https://bit.ly/2vAPiVT
OTHER NEWS and EVENTS
Student Experience Day, Monash University: At this event, you will be able to find out about courses offered by the Monash Art, Design & Architecture faculty and participate in a project focused on art, design or architecture. The event will be held on Saturday 15 September at the Caulfield campus.
For more details and to register, go to https://bit.ly/2MCvgqd
Advice Nights at Swinburne University: Year 12 students and their families are invited to attend the following advice nights at Swinburne to learn about the VTAC application process, courses at Swinburne and scholarships:
• 10 September: advice about nursing, apprenticeships and vocational courses at the Wantirna campus
• 12 September: advice about university courses at the Hawthorn campus.
For information and to register, go to https://bit.ly/1NLW26l
University of Melbourne: Dookie Day https://bit.ly/2vmsBWK
Sunday 9 September 2018, 10:00am – 4:00pm
940 Dookie-Nalinga Road, Dookie College, VIC 3647
Immerse yourself in a place of research, teaching and technology development that is helping shape the future of agriculture in Australia. Dookie Day offers the opportunity to:
- Tour the campus and explore student housing, teaching spaces, our robotic dairy and merino sheep shed.
- Participate in our interactive displays including a 4D Virtual Farm.
- Engage with our alumni to learn where their studies have taken them following graduation.
- Meet with students currently based at Dookie to gain student insight.
- Browse the festival market with local traders, family-friendly activities and entertainment for all ages.
- Attend exclusive industry seminars and course presentations.
- Go in the draw for the chance to win prizes!
- Year 12 students: Early Entry Closing Dates
- Key websites for students interested in pursuing vocational education, traineeships and apprenticeships
- Would you like to become a psychologist? Find out how!
- Careers in Psychology – great resource from Deakin University
- Do you love biology? Explore genomics and medical genomics at Deakin University
- Portfolio Information Evenings, Deakin University
- Marine science courses in Victoria, Tasmania and Canberra
- Charles Sturt University is searching for their 2019 Engineering students
- Student Experience Day, Monash Art, Design & Architecture
- Advice Nights at Swinburne University
- Creative? Love IT and Media? Explore Digital Media courses
- Information Technology Scholarship Programs
- Upcoming Career Events