Careers: Work Experience, Scholarships, Year 12 News01/11/2018
YEAR 10 NEWS – Work Experience
Experiencing and engaging with local industry and the world of work provides opportunities for our students to develop greater awareness of future career opportunities. Some of our students who recently participated in the work experience program and explored careers based on their current aspirations, provided positive feedback on their experiences.
“Before I started I wasn’t sure about doing something in law but now I am positive I want to do something within law”
Grace Broderick JR9 at Bendigo Law Courts
“Over my placement I gained some valuable advice to do with what goes on in the industry, what subjects to take and things to do to further my interest in the career. I now feel so much more certain towards the subjects I will pick and the pathways I can take to get in to the career”
Freya Beare MK8 at Wills St Eyecare
YEAR 12 NEWS
Learn about the ATAR: La Trobe University has created a video which helps students and parents to understand what an ATAR is, how the ATAR is calculated, what subject scaling is and prerequisites at La Trobe etc. To view the video, go to http://bit.ly/1VNlMqb
Course Preferences Close for NOVEMBER
VTAC Course Preferences close for the exam period from 31 October to 19 November. They will open again before finally closing on the 19 December.
Please be reminded that the Careers Office will be open to discuss courses, preferences and employment counselling for Year 12 students and their parents. We will be available from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm each day up to and including Wednesday 19 December. This date is after you receive your VCE results.
Searching for university SCHOLARSHIPS
The Country Education Foundation has developed a resource to assist Year 12 students to find and apply for university scholarships. To access the resource, go to http://bit.ly/2yGMSGX
Scholarships for rural Victorian students:
Scholarships are available for rural Victorians to complete an alternative pathway course that leads to an initial teacher education qualification, http://bit.ly/2gzTApU
Examples of programs include:
- Monash University: Diploma of Tertiary Studies and Diploma of Higher Education programs
- Federation University: Bachelor of Education Studies
- La Trobe University: Bachelor of Education Studies
- Have you considered studying neuroscience?
- Work experience at the Melbourne Neuroscience Institute
- Resource engineering degree programs at Monash University (Geological, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, Mining)
- Monash Maths Bridging course
- Looking for casual or part time employment?
- Victoria University: A global leader in sports
- Applying for engineering or IT at University of Technology Sydney?
- Latitude Global Volunteering – places left for Canada, UK and Europe (Year 12 students)
- Pathways to a design degree at Monash University (Architecture, Fine Art and Design)
- RMIT fashion student wins major award at Melbourne Fashion Week
- Career profiles of people working in health and maths
- Australia National University – Tuckwell Scholarship (current Year 11 students)
- New admission process for Australia National University (currently Year 11 students)
- Interesting articles from Deakin ‘this’
- Marketing, Public Relations and Events career articles
- Engineering career articles
- MADA Now Graduate Exhibition at Monash University
- Open days at Holmesglen Institute
- Residential Indigenous Science Experience Program
- Academy of Interactive Entertainment Open Day
- Swinburne University and TAFE information evenings
- Dates for your diary