Careers: Open Days & Early Entry
Many institutions are already planning their information sessions for the year. Open Days are held mostly in late July and throughout August. Experience Days are usually in the July school holidays, typically more hands on and smaller in size.
By attending information sessions, you and your family will be able to do the following:
- Speak directly to current students and lecturers about the courses you are interested in.
- Look around the campus and get a feel for the culture of the institution (e.g., does it have a modern or traditional feel? Do you think it would be easy to meet people? Would you prefer to study at a small or large campus?).
- Learn about scholarships, course costs, government fee assistance, global exchange programs and accommodation options.
- Ask about alternative pathway programs available in case you don’t get the ATAR you need for your course.
- Attend workshops and sessions on the courses you are interested in and compare facilities and student services between institutions.
Attending information sessions will assist you in setting new career goals or firming up ideas you already have. Having a course or courses in mind can also assist you in feeling more motivated to work hard at school.
For more information on the above, early entry schemes as well as ‘what’s on?’ go to the Careers Pages on Schoolbox and explore the site as well as Careers News.