YEAR 10 WORK EXPERIENCE NEWS
Mentors are currently meeting and providing work experience information to Year 10 students for the 2019 program. In addition, students will be provided with an Expression of Interest Form which needs to be submitted in person to the Careers Office by Friday 22 March. Further information will be emailed to parents. If you have any questions regarding the program please contact Sarah Duckett in the Careers Office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays.
UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGH ACHIEVERS
The University of Melbourne – George Hansen Scholarship: If you are planning to study at The University of Melbourne in 2020, you should consider applying for the prestigious George Hansen Scholarship. Stage 1 applications open on the 1st of March and close on the 21st of March, https://bit.ly/2IB4IDC
Australia National University (ANU) – Tuckwell Scholarship: If you are planning to study at ANU in 2020, you should consider applying for the prestigious Tuckwell Scholarship. Stage 1 applications open on 4 March and close on 28 March, https://bit.ly/2Sja5r7
WEP ( World Education Program Australia) Student Exchange Information Session
What is Student Exchange? Who is WEP Australia? Where and when can I go?
Have all your questions and more answered at one of WEP’s information sessions at Catherine McAuley College, St Mary’s Campus Wednesday 6 March at lunch time in CG2.
6: Hansen Scholarship Program Information Evening, University of Melbourne, Parkville, https://bit.ly/2tqoveP
8: Lattitude Global Volunteering, priority deadline applications due, https://lattitudeaustralia.org/
12, 14: Meet Melbourne, University of Melbourne. Online information sessions, https://bit.ly/2S7X2Zn
19: Monash University Information Evening, Mildura, https://bit.ly/2pt8nsT
27: Inside Monash Seminar, Monash University, Clayton, Business, http://bit.ly/2ki2NYw
Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) Melbourne will be visiting Bendigo to help YOU find your career in the Australian Defence Force.
They’re inviting YOU to book your place on our upcoming ‘Your Opportunities Unlimited’ (YOU) Session in Bendigo. “What is a YOU Session?”
A YOU session day is the first step of the application for a career in the ADF, without actually committing to anything. It’s about letting them help you explore your options and decide if a career in the ADF is something you’d like to pursue and how they can help you achieve it.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY?
The YOU Session will consist of three main components;
- Welcome and introductions
- Information about the recruiting process, eligibility, suitability & availability, avenues of entry and so much more
2. Aptitude Test
- A general ability or reasoning test, and mathematical ability test
- Helps determine which service and position(s) you are most likely to be suited to
- To help prepare you for an aptitude test, use the link below.
A Guide to Aptitude Testing
3. Career Mentoring
- During your time with your career mentor, you’ll be given a Job Opportunity Report identifying the roles you may be eligible to apply for (subject to satisfying eligibility requirements)
- General discussion around your level of interest in pursuing a career with the ADF
- When: Wednesday, 27 March 2019
- Time: 4:00pm
- Where: The Bendigo Club, 22 Park Street, Bendigo VIC 3550
HOW TO BOOK
- To start the process and to secure your spot on this YOU Session click on the following link to register on Defence Jobs Website or call 13 19 01 Start Application