On a stunning day on Friday 1 June the College held the annual Athletics Carnival at the newly-upgraded athletics track in Spring Gully. The sun was shining, the atmosphere was electric and all students had a fantastic day.
Participation was the theme of the day, with almost all events open for anyone to try. Many students had a go at something new, challenging themselves and having a whole lot of fun. Encouragement of each other was evident and another highlight of the day.
At an individual level, congratulations to the following students who broke records across the day.
Liam Gay BK1
- Yr 8 Boys – 200m (24.93sec)
- Yr 8 Boys – Long Jump (5.30m)
- Yr 8 Boys – Triple Jump (10.82m)
Harry Roberts VT4 Yr 7 Boys = Triple Jump (10.59m)
Patrick Hannaford MK3 Yr 7 Boys – 80m Hurdles (13.29sec)
Hannah Tyndall MY1 Yr 7 Girls – 800m (2.23.55)
Aimee Dean VT1 Yr 8 Girls – Javelin (23.62m)
Carissa Brook MK3 Yr 9 Girls – Javelin (28.86m)
Charlotte Sexton JR2 Yr 8 Girls – High Jump (1.47m)
MacKillop Yr 7 Boys – 4 x 100m Relay (57.52sec)
YEAR LEVEL CHAMPIONS
We also acknowledge our Year Level Champions – all winners displayed great sportsmanship and were actively involved in most of the day’s events. Well done everyone:
- Year 7 Girls: Bryde O’Rourke JR4
- Year 7 Boys: Patrick Hannaford MK3
- Year 8 Girls: Aimee Dean VT1
- Year 8 Boys: Liam Gay BK1
- Year 9 Girls: Isabel Nihill CH
- Year 9 Boys: Jack Craig BK3 & Ma Kor Hser Thay CH4
Team Results for the day were as follows:
- Champagnat – by just 26 points*
* The difference between 1st and 4th was just 140 points so it was great to see such a tight competitive competition.
We would also like to thank all the staff that ran events on the day and assisted with everything that is required to make a day as big as this happen in such a smooth manner!