Mercy Education Limited appoints the Principal, to whom they delegate the administration of the College. The Principal is responsible for the Catholic ethos of the College, the educational administration, the selection of staff and designation of duties within the College, the curriculum, the academic standards, school discipline within the pastoral criteria established by the Council and the care and maintenance of the College.
Mercy Education Limited
Mercy Education Limited (Mercy Education) is an incorporated ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG), charged with operating all educational ministries for which the Institute has sole sponsorship. Mercy Education is one of the many works operated by the Institute throughout Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Mercy Education will operate at all times as part of the mission of the Catholic Church in conformity with canon law and in strict conformity with the ethical framework of the Institute as determined by the Institute Leader and Council from time to time.
ISMAPNG is involved with twelve fully sponsored schools – eight in Victoria, three in Western Australia and one in South Australia. The governance role of the Board of Mercy Education is confined to the twelve ISMAPNG sponsored schools and sets policies, approves each school’s strategic plan, appoints Principals, approves senior leadership positions and fulfils due diligence in the area of finance and audit management, capital development, risk management and litigation.
These schools are:
- Academy of Mary Immaculate, Fitzroy, VIC
- Catherine McAuley College, Bendigo, VIC
- Mercedes College, Perth, WA
- Mount Lilydale Mercy College, Lilydale, VIC
- Our Lady of Mercy College, Heidelberg, VIC
- Sacred Heart College, Geelong, VIC
- Santa Maria College, Attadale, WA
- Sacred Heart College, Kyneton, VIC
- St Aloysius College, Adelaide, SA
- St Aloysius College, North Melbourne, VIC
- St Brigid’s College, Lesmurdie, WA
- St Joseph’s College, Mildura, VIC
Mercy Education is the Employer of the Principal and staff of the Mercy colleges. The existence of Mercy Education gives strength, support and solidarity to each of the member Mercy schools and its community.
College Advisory Council
- Mrs Fiona Russell
- Mr Jeff Westbrook
- Sr Geraldine Larkins
- Mr Lee Bombardieri
- Mr Tom Maher
- Mrs Maree Martini
- Mr Brian Turner (Principal)
The College Advisory Council has set up the following three committees:
- Building & Planning
Catherine McAuley College employs over 230 staff and has approximately 1600 students. The following people currently hold positions of leadership and responsibility:
- Principal: Mr Brian Turner
- Deputy Principals: Mr Timothy Edwards, Mr Ben Fitzpatrick and Mrs Trish Schofield
- Business Manager: Mr James Bennett